TrueCrypt version 7.0 has been released. This open source, cross platform, disk encryption tool provides disk encryption for Windows 7/Vista/XP, Mac OS X, and Linux.
With reference to TrueCrypt development team, this version has major update for on-the-fly encryption, includes several improvements, new features, security enhancements and bug fixes on all platforms.
- Creates a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mounts it as a real disk.
- Encrypts an entire partition or storage device such as USB flash drive or hard drive.
- Encrypts a partition or drive where Windows is installed (pre-boot authentication).
- Encryption is automatic, real-time (on-the-fly) and transparent.
- Parallelization and pipelining allow data to be read and written as fast as if the drive was not encrypted.
- Encryption can be hardware-accelerated on modern processors.
- Provides plausible deniability, in case an adversary forces you to reveal the password:
- Hidden volume (steganography) and hidden operating system.
- Further information regarding features of the software may be found in the documentation.
More information about TrueCrypt v 7.0 is available here:
TrueCrypt Download Page: