The Open Information Security Foundation (OISF) has released Suricata version 1.0.0. This non-profit foundation organized to build a next generation IDS/IPS engine. The OISF has formed a multi-national group of the leading software developers in the security industry. In addition to developers and a consortium consisting of leading cyber security companies, OISF has engaged the open source security community to identify current and future IDS/IPS needs and desires.
The first stable release of Suricata, the Open Source Intrusion Detection and Prevention engine is available to download from here:
- Support for the tag keyword was added.
- Support for DCERPC over UDP was added.
- CUDA was fixed and it’s performance was improved a lot
- Fix short HTTP sessions sometimes not being parsed properly.
- Duplicate signatures are now detected, the signature with the highest revision is used.
- Uricontent inspection was improved.
- Alert debuglog now also prints flow information, including flowbits.
- Pattern searching was improved in general and specially also for DCE traffic.
Project Website: http://www.openinfosecfoundation.org/